$25.77/hr - $38.66/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado???s EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
***$10,000 Sign-on bonus available***
Located just 45 minutes north of Denver, Northern Colorado offers trendy restaurants, a thriving retail sector, and endless cultural amenities.?? Between wildflower-filled meadows and spectacular views of the Rocky Mountains, you will find adventures by horse, mountain bike and boat plus, endless hiking trails and world class skiing.
Are you ready to grow your career and be a part of our heart program? Our North Colorado Medical Center is currently recruiting for an experienced CVOR Surgical Tech. The CVOR Surgical Tech will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of Cardio-thoracic Surgeons, Registered Nurses, Perfusionists, Anesthesiologists, and Physician Assistants that perform open heart procedures.?? We welcome you to apply to learn more about our dynamic and talented team.??
As a CVOR Surgical Technologist, you will bring your experience and passion for health care to our Cardiovascular CVOR Surgery department! This is a full time, Monday - Friday opportunity, working 7am - 3:30pm, with call requirements.
If you are ready to join a dynamic team, apply today!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits.
* Must have 1 year of scrub technician experience.?? Requires a 2 year commitment to qualify for sign on bonus.
A 378-bed Level II trauma center and acute care facility with over 3000 employees, North Colorado Medical Center is the largest hospital in the region. As a regional medical center, we provide community-based and specialty services for a service area that includes southern Wyoming, western Nebraska, western Kansas and northeastern Colorado. In order to provide the most compassionate and innovative care possible, we bring together state-of-the-art technology and an exceptional team of health care professionals. For the healthcare professional, our Greeley, Colorado location offers access to a wide variety of recreational activities in an inviting, close-knit community.
POSITION SUMMARY This position selects and places surgical instruments, supplies and equipment during surgery. Scrubs and provides instruments, sutures, and other sterile supplies during surgical procedure. Participants in the training and orientation of surgical technology staff and students, as assigned. Is proficient to scrub on a minimum of two surgical specialties.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Prepares for surgical procedures. Pulls appropriate instruments and supplies and ensures good working order of instruments. Reviews case carts for correct instruments and supplies. Troubleshoots malfunctioning equipment and makes minor adjustments or calls biomedical equipment staff. Checks schedule and plans ahead for upcoming surgical case needs.
2. Anticipates the surgeon's needs. Passes instruments and retracts tissue. Maintains competency to scrub in a minimum of two surgical specialties.
3. Demonstrates the principles of aseptic technique and universal precautions throughout the procedure. Disposes of sharps and trash and places used supplies into case cart for processing. Participates in counting sharps, instruments and sponges. Prepares instruments for cleaning following each case.
4. Ensures that all surgeon preference cards and pick lists are accurate.
5. Assists with OR turnover between cases. Participates in stocking, replenishing supplies and cleaning operating rooms.
6. Participates in or leads the training and orientation of surgical technology staff and students, as assigned.
7. May provide business support to the department including administrative tasks.
8. This position follows safety procedures in regards to medication labeling, appropriate handling of specimens, appropriate handling of sharps, time-out procedure, radiation and laser safety, infection control, assembling and disassembling instruments. Participates in emergency call rotation. Is proficient to scrub on at least two surgical specialties. Internal customers are patients, surgeons, and nursing staff. External customers may include practicing physicians, patient families and vendors or sales reps.
High school diploma/GED and current basic life support certification. ??
Certified as a surgical technologist OR four years of experience in a surgical technologist role. Where applicable must be registered with State Regulatory Agency.
This position must be able to scrub proficiently on a minimum of two surgical specialties. The position requires manual dexterity and the ability to maintain professional decorum in highly stressful emergent situations. The position requires the ability to be conscientious, organized, and orderly and the ability to respond quickly to the needs of the surgeon and patient. Must stay abreast of new developments in the field.
Graduation from an accredited school of surgical technology is highly preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.