Stanford Children's Health - Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
Location: Palo Alto, California
Internal Number: 10183877
General/ Environmental Service
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children's Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford is the heart and soul of Stanford Children's Health. Nationally ranked and internationally recognized, our 311-bed hospital is devoted entirely to pediatrics and obstetrics. Our six centers of excellence provide comprehensive services and deep expertise in key obstetric and pediatric areas: brain & behavior, cancer, heart, pregnancy & newborn, pulmonary and transplant. We also provide an additional, wide range of services for babies, kids and pregnant moms.
The Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) Program manager is responsible for the planning, administration and management of safety, health and fire safety programs throughout the hospital to ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal laws, regulations and standards concerning environmental health and safety, as well as applicable standards set forth by the Joint Commission(TJC). Ensure compliance with all standards promulgated by all Federal, State and local agencies through developing and implementing environmental management programs, on-site inspection and monitoring programs throughout the organization. Manages interactions with outside agencies and regulatory agency personnel for assigned area.
* Advises management and staff regarding safety protocols and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance as mandated by local, state, and federal agencies. Investigates, researches and makes recommendations regarding best practices with respect to health and safety management
* Conducts environmental safety rounding and staff training for assigned programs; Conducts fire drills, equipment and emergency evacuation training (as assigned). Conducts life safety inspections for construction projects
* Conducts safety inspections and develops safety manual policies and procedures. Provides all aspects of project management relating to occupational safety and health investigations and inspections.
* Conducts The Joint Commission (TJC), Fire/Life Safety regulatory compliance audits; Conducts interviews, reviews records and recommends corrective actions and performance improvement opportunities. Responsible for the interpretation, coordination, and enforcement of The Joint Commission (TJC) Safety Standards; maintains regulatory compliance documentation and records.
* Develops and conducts mandated Environment of Care (EOC) Audits in ambulatory and/or hospital facilities. Conducts environmental assessments and recommends mitigation methods as warranted.
* Develops and presents reports to leadership as required. Provides written reports of the conducted audits. Analyzes and provide report data and report results to management and various committees of the hospital.
* Develops, implements and continuously updates safety and environmental health policies and programs to comply with local, state and federal regulations. Identifies measures and improves environmental health and safety processes.
*Identifies personnel, institutional and material resources needed to accomplish program management objectives. Develops and present annual budgetary requirements for assigned environmental program operations.
* Manages all aspects of Laser Safety program (as assigned).
* Participates with external task forces, committees and agencies related to health and safety management including those at the hospital, local, regional, state and federal levels.
* Prepares and reviews reports to identify root causes and recommend corrective actions. Serves as a technical/regulatory resource in assigned program area and the interpretation of analytical data to determine safety, industrial hygiene or environmental remediation control measures, etc.
* Responsible for negotiation of compliance issues with regulatory agencies as necessary and track any response to citations/violations should they occur.
* Responsible for overall day to day implementation, training, execution and administration of the Environment of Care (EOC), TJC/Fire Safety management plans. Develops and administers budgets and schedules and performance requirements.
* Responsible for the development, administration, management and oversight of effective health and safety programs (as assigned) to ensure environmental safety and compliance with all various safety, health and environmental regulations and requirements of accrediting and licensure bodies.
* Works in conjunction with OCIP (Owner Controlled Insurance Program) Safety Manager to assist contractors in meeting TJC/EOC Regulatory Compliance Standards.
Minimum Qualifications: Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four (4) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
License/Certification: CDL California Driver's License.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to foster effective working relationships and build consensus.
* Ability to manage complex projects and resources (people, costs, and time) across multiple departments.
* Ability to mediate and resolve complex problems and issues.
* Ability to provide leadership and influence others.
* Ability to speak and write effectively at a level appropriate for the job.
* Knowledge of Accident Investigations.
* Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
* Knowledge of Federal, State and Local regulatory requirements related to areas of functional responsibility.
* Knowledge of new technologies and ability to maintain and stay abreast of updates and changes.
* Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, administration, fiscal and personnel management.
* Knowledge of TJC-EOC Standards and Auditing.
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, LPCH does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or identity, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability. Women and men, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, LPCH does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements, and where applicable, in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.