New Product Technology Manager, Wafer Level Optics
August 6, 2018
Corning, New York
Full Time - Experienced
Manager / Supervisor
Optics in Digital Systems (ID)
Years of Experience:
SCOPE OF POSITION:
In this role, you will lead early stage interactions with customers to identify new glass solution opportunities related to wafer level optics (WLO) components in cameras and sensors.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You will establish a deep understanding of the WLO industry, including markets, products, and technology leaders.
- We will need you to develop product roadmaps and identify how Corning Precision Glass Solutions capabilities can address emerging needs related to cameras and sensors.
- Develop approaches to differentiated products and develop strategy to accelerate glass adoption in WLO modules?
- Identify new business opportunity and initiate new programs.
- May lead innovation program, including new R&D efforts, manufacturing, and commercial plans.
- Up to 50%, mostly short customer trips, but may include some International travel as well.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- MS or PhD Degree in Optics, Electrical Engineering, or Material Sciences
- MBA or Executive training in commercial/business is a plus
- Fluency in the English language.
- 10+years’ of hands on work experience in optical component design and/or manufacturing, with direct industrial experience related to wafer level optics
- Recognized as an authority or key influencer in the domain
- You will need to have experience in stacking multiple optical passive elements together to create a complex system (i.e. spacers, micro-lenses, diffractive optical elements).
- We need someone with experience in consumer electronic applications for camera modules, proximity sensors, and other cell phone components.
- We need strong written and verbal communication skills
- Summarizing complex technical concepts to senior executives and communicate clearly to customers while establishing working relationships at executive levels.
- Identifying the critical path on complex and convoluted initiatives
- We work in highly ambiguous and dynamic environment
- Ability to effectively organize, participate in and lead multi-functional and diverse teams.
Ability to gain trust and cooperation from a diverse set of internal colleagues and external customers.
Are you organized with good planning and time management skills as well as having personal initiative and dedication?
Do you have the ability to establish relationships within multi-functional groups; team building skills?
Positive attitude, flexible and good work ethic - Does this sound like you?
Required to sign covenant not to compete
This position supports immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 31544
About Corning, Inc.
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The Specialty Materials segment manufactures products that provide more than 150 material formulations for glass, glass ceramics and fluoride crystals to meet demand for unique customer needs. Consequently, this segment operates in a wide variety of commercial and industrial sectors that include display optics and components, semiconductor optics components, aerospace and defense, astronomy, ophthalmic products, telecommunications components and cover glass that is optimized for portable display devices.